The KTM 65 SX is a fully-fledged piece of sports equipment for young pilots aged around 8- to 12-years-old. This year’s top student features a revolutionary WP AER 35 front fork, ultra cool graphics and sets the standard in terms of power, riding dynamics, equipment and craftsmanship. Like its larger counterparts, the KTM 65 SX is truly READY TO RACE for its young competitors.
Cutting-Edge 2-Stroke Technology
- Engine: The 65 SX benefits from cutting-edge 2-stroke technology and an easy to shift 6-speed transmission with a hydraulic clutch. The cylinder, with its pressure controlled exhaust valve, provides class-leading power and plenty of torque.
- Cylinder: The high performance cylinder features the pressure controlled exhaust valve (PCEV) and provides an unrivaled performance within the highly competitive 65 cc class.
- Clutch: An outstanding feature of the 65 SX is the hydraulic clutch made by Formula. It ensures an easy clutch action and well-defined modulation.
- Bodywork: The bodywork is derived from the full-size SX models and provides perfect ergonomics, well thought-out contact points for the rider and maximum freedom of movement. In addition, smart design solutions for the new front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting.
- Frame: The modern frame produced by WP Performance Systems is made of lightweight, high strength chromoly steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability. The subframe is made of lightweight aluminum, just like the full-sized SX models.
- Graphics: Derived from the full-size SX bikes, the graphic design makes the new 65 SX look even cooler. Its frame has a super rugged polymer coating in cheeky black.
- Handlebar: The classy anodized handlebar made of a high quality aluminum alloy is distinguished by the best ergonomics and the highest strength.
- Radiators: An intelligent cooling circuit with integrated crankcase cooling and two radiators improves the heat dissipation and ensures a constant temperature balance for consistent, high performance.
- Swingarm: The 65 SX is fitted with a lightweight cast aluminum swingarm. Conceived using the latest in calculation and simulation software, the design and wall thickness have been made for minimum weight at optimum stiffness and precisely defined flexibility. In addition it features a robust 2-compound chain guide similar to the full-size models.
- Front Suspension: The new 65 SX is the first model in its class fitted with a modern, fully adjustable air fork: the AER 35, made by WP Suspension. Beside a massive weight reduction of 1.6 lbs, the newly developed upside-down front forks with 35mm tube diameter and 215mm of travel ensure outstanding comfort, damping characteristics and directional stability. Another main benefit for junior riders is that the air spring fitted in the left fork leg can be adjusted perfectly and simply to the rider’s weight just with an air fork pump.
- Rear Suspension: On the rear wheel a WP shock absorber linked directly to the swingarm provides excellent damping performance and is fully adjustable in order set the damping perfectly to rider’s preferences and track conditions. The rear wheel travel is 270mm.
- Wheels: Like the big KTM factory racers, the KTM 65 SX has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing highest strength and safety. The OEM knobby MAXXIS tires grip superbly on any surface.
- Brakes: The 65 KTM SX is fitted front and rear with massive 4-cylinder calipers that grip lightweight Wave brake discs of 198mm front and 160mm rear diameter. The hydraulic brake system is easy to control and ensures the best deceleration and the highest standard when it comes to feel and force.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 64.9 cm³
- Bore: 45 mm
- Stroke: 40.8 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 23:75
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:48
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Formula hydraulics
- EMS: AET digital
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all manufacturer incentives, but does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing, tire levy and taxes or any applicable finance charges.