Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Strong, confidence-inspiring power: Compact and sophisticated liquid-cooled DOHC 249 cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine produces smooth and consistent torque at low rpm, plus excellent high-rpm performance. The engine's wide spread of power makes the CRF250L easy and confidence-inspiring to ride, while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- Dynamic performance: The engine's intake and exhaust systems are engineered to boost horsepower while also increasing torque at low rpm, all without changing the CRF250L's easy-to-ride nature.
- Optimal power: The CRF250L's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions. A large throttle body and a long air-intake tube contribute to the engine's significant power.
- Smooth response: The PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to smooth responses to small changes in throttle position.
- Exhaust design: The exhaust system's header pipe features a tapered design shape, altering the internal structure of the muffler. Engineers were able to balance overall power and torque while also reducing weight.
- Compact design: Extremely compact roller rocker arm design for the low-friction valve train allows the use of a smaller cylinder head.
- Quieter Quiet operation: The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a needle bearing, both contributing to the engine's high-performance credentials.
- Reducing vibration: A gear-driven counterbalance shaft helps quell engine vibration for enhanced rider comfort. It's located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while improving mass centralization.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Excellent stability & agility: Chassis developed specifically for the CRF250L provides an ideal combination of on-road stability and off-road agility.
- Incredible ride quality: Inverted Showa fork features settings for incredible ride quality on the street and in the dirt.
- Excellent performance over rough terrain: Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension is designed for both great rider comfort and great traction while maintaining the ample travel that helps make the CRF250L capable on the trail.
- Outstanding stopping power: Front and rear disc brakes ensure strong and consistent stopping power.
- Lightweight performance: Front 21-inch and rear 18-inch wheels boast lightweight aluminum rims.
- Digital data at a glance: Upgraded digital multi-function instrument panel includes a fuel-level gauge and clock.
- Secure storage: Lockable tool box is tucked away behind the left-side number plate.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 36 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Six-speed with manual clutch
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 14T/40T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 43 mm Showa inverted fork; 222 mm (8.7 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa single shock with spring preload adjustment; 240 mm (9.4 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 3.00-21; Rear: 120/80-18
- Brakes: Front: 256 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper; Rear: 220 mm hydraulic disc with one-piston caliper
- Ground Clearance: 255 mm (10 in.)
- Seat Height: 875 mm (34.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,445 mm (56.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 146 kg (322 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 7.7 L
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all
manufacturer incentives, but does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing,
tire levy and taxes or any applicable finance charges.