Whether commuting to work or hitting the back country for a day of exploring, the ultra-reliable XT250 is a fun loving dual sport that is easy to ride. Light & nimble, with a low seat height, the fuel injected XT250 offers great versatility. Your adventure starts here.
Power: 249cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, single overhead cam (SOHC), 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces predictable torque across the entire RPM range for great on- and off-road fun.
Performance: Lightweight chassis, long travel suspension and plenty of ground clearance provide a fun ride while the fuel injected engine is super fuel efficient.
- 249cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces easy to use power for daily commuting or exploring the back country.
- Electric starting: Fast, easy no hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head: straight intake & exhaust tracts for excellent combustion chamber filling & discharge; basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance; utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms & screw type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner: reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Direct ceramic composite plated cylinder uses "liner less" bores: ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery; coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston: lightweight design means faster throttle response; reduced mechanical vibration for excellent durability
- Lightweight ball bearing mounted crankshaft: excellent durability; fast engine response
- Engine counter balancer: reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- Multi plate wet type clutch is utilized: Clutch lever pull is light and easy.
- Easy access element-type oil filter & drain plug for fast oil changes.
- 33 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system: system uses throttle position sensor (TPS); 10 hole injector for optimum fuel atomization; fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- 2.8 litre air box; located under the seat & utilizes an easy to access viscous (paper type) air filter
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Wide ratio 5-speed transmission with multi plate wet clutch: optimized gear ratios for both on & off road riding; 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds; clutch lever pull is light & easy
- Upswept exhaust system; exhaust note is quiet & environmentally friendly; cleanable spark arrestor; heat shields on header pipe & muffler protect rider & passenger from accidental contact
- Air Induction System (AIS); injects fresh oxygen into the exhaust port to insure complete combustion; reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- Semi-double cradle steel frame: overall "wet" weight of 132kg (291 lbs.), makes the XT250 one of the lightest, most compact dual purpose machines on the market
- Rugged, box section steel swing arm; fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 35mm KYB fork with 225mm (8.9") of wheel travel: soaks up the rough stuff, both on-road and off road; rubber fork boots (gaiters) protect fork seals & tubes from dirt & grit damage
- Lightweight aluminum lower triple clamp reduces weight.
- Adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 180mm (7.1") of wheel travel: 20 mm (0.8") of threaded spring preload adjustability; allows rider to adjust spring preload to match load or riding conditions
- Low 810mm (31.9") seat height; creates a low centre of gravity for added manoeuvrability; inspires confidence by allowing most riders to put both feet on the ground
- 285mm (11.2") of ground clearance enhances off road use.
- 245mm front disc brake with twin piston Nissin caliper provides plenty of stopping power.
- 203mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single piston Nissin caliper; rugged plastic rear caliper protector
- 9.6 litre steel fuel tank; in tank electric fuel pump; "reserve" portion of the tank is 1.8 litres (low fuel light illuminates)
- 21" front & 18" rear DID alloy rims: excellent durability; reduces unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance
- Long, YZ-inspired seat: creates a balanced riding position with good rider mobility; provides roomy comfort for both rider & passenger
- 60/55-watt, enduro-style, halogen headlight; small fairing helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- Compact digital instrumentation: functions includes: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated) & clock; other features include low fuel warning light, engine warning light & self-diagnosis function
- Serrated, folding steel foot pegs
- Folding gear shift & rear brake lever tips
- Helmet lock
- Locking steering & fuel cap
- Passenger foot pegs & grab rails
- Durable "O" ring chain
- Oil level sight glass
- Flexible turn signals
- Rubber "boots" on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud and dirt damage/wear
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
- Displacement: 249cc
- Bore and Stroke: 74 x 58mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 2.0kg-m (14.5 ft. lb.)@ 6,500 rpm
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 33mm throttle body fuel injection
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 32.2kpl / 91mpg (Imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric Start
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Suspension (Front): 35mm fork / 225mm (8.9 in.) wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable Link Monocross / 180mm (7.1 in.) wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): 245mm disc / twin piston
- Brakes (Rear): 203mm disc / single piston
- Tires (Front): 2.75 x 21
- Tires (Rear): 120/80-18
- Length: 2,150mm (84.6 in.)
- Width: 805mm (31.7 in.)
- Height: 1,160mm (45.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,360mm (53.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 285mm (11.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 9.6 L (2.1 imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 132kg (291 lb.)
- Colour(s): Pastel Mineral Blue
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
LIST PRICE ON USED, if shown, is Dealer Selling Price (DSRP) and limited
to stock# listed. Sale Price does not include Vehicle Processing of $195 and
taxes or any applicable finance charges.