The riders of the junior class are no longer beginners. These are future champions fighting for victory, no matter if it is the a AMA Amateur National Title or Junior Motocross World Championship. In this scene, the 85 SX is considered the weapon of choice. With the most powerful engine in the field and a super lightweight, stable chassis, the only real competition comes from others racing on the 85 SX.
Cutting-Edge 2-Stroke Technology
- Engine: Cutting-edge 2-stroke technology, combined with a precise 6-speed gearbox and hydraulic clutch are the foundation of the 85 SX’s superiority in all junior racing competition.
- Cylinder: The high performance cylinder with flow-optimized ports and a high precision exhaust control valve provides the engine with its unrivaled performance.
- Crankshaft: Thanks to its perfectly sized lightweight conrod, the crankshaft is distinguished by minimum vibrations and maximum durability.
- Clutch: The hydraulic clutch mechanism by Formula ensures an easy clutch action and well-defined modulation on the 85 SX.
- Handlebars: The 85 SX has super strong, tapered handlebars made of high quality aluminum alloy with a bend that’s perfect for motocross requirements.
- Brakes: The Formula braking system with radial calipers – four pistons in front, two in the rear – with lightweight wave brake discs – front 240mm diameter, rear 210mm – are the reference in terms of controlled action and braking performance.
- Cooling: A constant temperature balance for consistent, high performance is ensured by an intelligent cooling circuit with integrated crank case cooling and two radiators.
- Airbox: What is good for the bigger KTM offroad bikes cannot be bad for the 85 SX: an air filter change can be done within seconds without tools.
- Wheels: Black coated high-end Excel rims, lightweight, CNC machined hubs and black spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples ensure the highest stability at minimum weight on the 85 SX. The OEM MAXXIS tires are renowned for their perfect traction and outstanding performance.
- Frame: Made of top quality chromoly steel with a lightweight, bolt-on aluminum rear subframe, the 85 SX frame ensures maximum stability at minimum weight. It has a rugged polymer coating in a noble black colour.
- Suspension: Up front of the 85 SX there is a pair of 43mm upside-down forks with 270mm of travel, while a PDS monoshock for the rear provides optimum traction and surface contact. These are both made by renowned supplier WP Suspension at the highest quality. Of course, rebound and compression damping can be adjusted separately for a quick and precise set-up to match the track and rider.
- Bodywork: Ergonomics and function of the bodywork is designed in such a way as to achieve complete harmony between rider and bike.
- Graphics: The revised, cool looking graphic design provides a striking new look based on the big bikes. Don’t be surprised when someone mistakes you for a grown-up.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 84.9 cm³
- Bore: 47 mm
- Stroke: 48.95 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 19:66
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:46
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Formula hydraulics
- EMS: Moric digital 2M1
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension: WP PDS shock absorber
- Suspension travel (front): 270 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 210 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 5/16"
- Steering head angle: 66 °
- Wheelbase: 1290 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 352 mm
- Seat height: 855 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 5 l
- Weight READY TO RACE (without fuel): 67.5 kg
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all
manufacturer incentives, but does not include Destination Charge (Freight, PDI & Vehicle processing), tire levy, taxes or any
applicable finance charges.