Powerful engine, cool look, fantastic chassis set-up and optimum ergonomics - the KTM 690 Enduro R unites outstanding offroad qualities with unbeatable all-round ability - plus a shape radically optimized. It feels just as at home in the city and on rural roads as it does on gravel and tough terrain. The even more advanced single-cylinder combines the classic Enduro concept with state-of-the-art technology and sporty all-round ability with suitability for everyday use. Perfect workmanship and impressive details reflect the typical KTM philosophy.
Frame and Swingarm
- Frame and Swingarm: Despite its thoroughbred offroad chassis, the 690 Enduro R also numbers among the curve-bandits on the road. Two major contributors to its excellent tracking stability are the lightweight tubular trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel and the high-quality die-cast swingarm - both of them extremely torsion-resistant.
- Suspension Components: By professionals for everyone: The KTM 690 Enduro R's WP upside-down fork, with a whole 250 mm of suspension travel and 48 mm outer tubes, is adjustable in many ways and masters the balancing act between everyday, road and offroad use with the greatest of ease. It is designed as a split fork with separate damping circuits (compression damping on the left fork tube, rebound damping on the right) that can be adjusted independently from each other. This means that they cannot interact as they do in conventional open bleed systems - thus guaranteeing even sportier, more purposeful and rider-optimized ride characteristics. The pivot-arm articulated WP pressurised-gas monoshock with 250 mm of travel even features high-speed and low-speed compression adjustment.
- Brakes: The KTM 690 Enduro R's extremely powerful and easily applied Brembo® brakes are equipped with lightweight wave brake discs. They defy every hardcore use, no matter whether hitting the gas through a labyrinth of curves or coming down a mountain in heavy terrain.
- ABS: The 690 Enduro R enters the fray with Bosch 9M+ABS - highly effective, disengageable and optionally with offroad ABS (by means of PowerParts dongle) for real offroad riding: Freely lockable rear wheel with a sharp ABS function up front.
Low Fuel Consumption
- Injection / Engine Management: The 690 Enduro R has always been amazingly economical with fuel and it runs even more efficiently in 2014. Why? Thanks to its low weight, its highly efficient engine management system with twin plug ignition and electronic injection with ride-by-wire. And also to its state-of-the-art OHC single-cylinder engine.
- Equipment and Ergonomics: Ergonomically optimized tank fairings are augmented by the comfortable seat and the ideally angled, wide aluminum handlebar to form a perfect arrangement that makes controlling the KTM 690 Enduro R extremely simple – both on the road and offroad. Its tyres, robustness and superb handling help provide the 690 Enduro R with remarkable versatility and perfect vehicle control both on the road and off.
- Suitable for A2 Driver's License Holder: A restricted power version is available for those riders who just got an A2 driver´s license. Restricted power doesn´t necessary means restricted fun: thanks to its lightweight and dynamic chassis, KTM 690 Enduro R is the perfect buddy to push your limit.
Strapping, Yet Refined Single-Cylinder
- Engine: Modernised once again with twin plug ignition and ride-by-wire, the state-of-the-art, water-cooled LC4 single-cylinder on the 690 Enduro R delivers an impressive 49 kW (67 hp) from 690 cc of displacement. It combines powerful acceleration from the very lowest revs with an outstanding free-revving nature and refined engine running. It's extremely economical with fuel and saves its owner even more money, thanks to long service intervals of 10,000 km. Annoying rear wheel chatter? Prevented reliably by its slipper clutch that's fitted as standard.
- Balancer Shaft: The finely balanced crank drive of the 690 single-cylinder converts terrific combustion pressure into unrivalled single-power - thanks to its balancer shaft, which eliminates vibration without having any detrimental effect on the super-single.
- Injection / Engine Management: The guarantee for smooth throttle response, not just throttle cable control: The 690 Enduro R is equipped with a cable-free ride-by-wire system for opening the throttle valve. This significantly improves the power delivery, making the potent single-cylinder's throttle response and ride quality even smoother. It also electronically translates the throttle commands of the rider into throttle valve positions perfectly suited to the riding conditions. As before the rider has the choice between three different mappings for influencing the engine characteristics. A twin plug ignition system now controls two differently sized spark plugs in each cylinder head independently from each other in such a way that more efficient combustion and a smoother, optimally controlled combustion sequence are achieved at all times. The result: even more and even better controlled power, lower fuel consumption, and less emissions.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 690 cm³
- Bore: 102 mm
- Stroke: 84.5 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 36:79
- Secondary gear ratio: 15:45
- Clutch: APTC™ slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chromium-Molybdenum steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with Pro-Lever linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 250 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 250 mm
- Front brake: Brembo twin-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Brembo single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 300 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 240 mm
- Steering head angle: 63 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1504 ± 15 mm
- Ground clearance: 280 mm
- Seat height: 910 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 12 L
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost.
All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.
ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and limited
to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all manufacturer incentives, but
does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing, tire levy and taxes or any
applicable finance charges.