- Powerful liquid-cooled, 475 cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine is longitudinally mounted allowing direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency extending range.
- Rugged transmission features manual (foot) shift with automatic clutch.
- One-handed reverse shift mechanism allows the rider to select reverse without ever taking his hand from the handlebars.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement for excellent drivability and towing capacity.
- 2WD/4WD system now offers three drive modes: 2WD; 4WD with torque-sensing front differential; and 4WD with locked front differential to optimize traction. The system also features a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked to allow increased wheel speed under severe conditions such as deep mud.
- Air cleaner sub chamber reduces resonant noise for quieter operation.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- High output 470 watt alternator has extra capacity to help power electrical accessories and to keep personal electronics charged.
- Durable double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness and reduced weight for precise handling and a smoother ride.
- Double wishbone independent front suspension offers 185mm of well controlled travel providing a sense of security and control over difficult terrain.
- Independent rear suspension (IRS) design with lower 'A' arm and upper 'I' arm features optimized stiffness for improved handling performance. Comfort is also enhanced with 215mm of travel.
- Durable wrap-around guards protect the rear suspension's lower 'A' arms when rock crawling.
- Adjustable spring preload on all shocks allows suspension to be tuned to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Aggressively styled Maxxis tires offer improved comfort and traction.
- Plastic CV joint boots on the front driveshafts are durable and tear-resistant.
- Sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Inboard rear disc brake is mounted on the rear driveshaft reducing unsprung weight and keeping the disc out of harms way in rugged conditions.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes provide strong stopping power. The brake calipers feature a built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent build-up of debris between caliper and rim to ensure consistent braking performance.
- Bold bodywork offers excellent mud protection while giving an rugged functional appearance.
- Twin-headlight system features 35-watt headlights with focused light distribution for improved visibility after dark. Top assist 50-watt light operates independently of front headlights allowing it to be turned off while carrying a load on the front carrier.
- Clever one-piece tank/side cover design requires no tools for removal providing quick access for maintenance.
- The fuel pump derived from Honda automobile technology is mounted in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and increased filter life.
- Full function meter assembly gives the dash a modern look while providing information needed at a glance. The meter display includes speed, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge, coolant temperature, clock, gear position indicator, 4WD indicator and even a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service.
- Substantially larger and thicker than the seats found on more utility focused models the IRS 500's seats provide all day comfort.
- Textured seat cover is cooler on hot days and provides a more secure feeling especially against synthetic riding gear materials.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 475 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Five-speed with automatic clutch, reverse and ultra-low first gear
- Power Steering: Not Available
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing/locking front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 185 mm (7.3 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual arm with hydraulic shocks; 215 mm (8.5 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 25 x 8 - 12 Rear: 25 x 10 - 12
- Brakes: Front: dual 190 mm hydraulic discs Rear: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Length: 2,147 mm (84.5 in.)
- Width: 1,205 mm (47.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 239 mm (9.4 in.)
- Seat Height: 909 mm (35.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,292 mm (50.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 308 kg (679 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 L, including 4.9-L reserve
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all
manufacturer incentives, but does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing,
tire levy and taxes or any applicable finance charges.