- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420 cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency extending range.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement for excellent drivability and towing capacity.
- Handy 4WD/2WD selector lever, mounted on the left-front panel engages 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions allow.
- Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) provides the compact size and strength of a manual transmission (no belts to slip, break or burnout) with the convenience of an automatic transmission. DCT features a dual shift mapping program that automatically selects between two transmission shifting modes—either Cruise or Sport mode—for optimum shift timing depending on the rider’s pattern of throttle operation. During aggressive use, the Sport mode kicks in and holds the transmission in gear longer before shifting to deliver more aggressive performance. During more casual operation, the Cruise mode allows the transmission to shift up sooner for more casual performance and enhanced fuel efficiency. In addition to the fully automatic mode, the DCT transmission also allows riders to employ Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of handlebar-mounted buttons.
- Powerful AC generator has ample capacity with 450 watts of output.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Durable double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness for precise handling and a smoother ride.
- Double wishbone independent front suspension offers generous well controlled travel providing a sense of security and control over difficult terrain.
- Independent rear suspension (IRS) design with lower 'A' arm and upper 'I' arm features optimized stiffness for improved handling performance. Comfort is also enhanced with longer travel.
- Adjustable spring preload featured on all shocks allows suspension to be tuned to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Rugged steel frame and long travel suspension offer plenty of ground clearance.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS) offers excellent linearity in steering response, reduced low-speed steering effort for enhanced maneuverability and decreased kickback for improved all-around steering action. A three-point mounting setup for the EPS system makes the entire steering mechanism more rigid for even more precise steering.
- Steering-mechanism features a tight turning radius.
- Plastic CV joint boots are more durable and tear-resistant.
- Sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Tough, large-diameter front and rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Inboard rear disc brake is mounted on the rear driveshaft reducing unsprung weight and keeping the disc out of harms way in rugged conditions.
- Large dual front hydraulic disc brakes offer impressive stopping power
- Attractive bodywork offers excellent mud protection while giving an aggressive, modern look.
- Twin-headlight system features powerful 35-watt bulbs for improved light distribution.
- One-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- Large fuel tank for extended range. Fuel pump derived from Honda automobile technology mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.
- Full function meter assembly gives the dash a modern look will providing information at a glance. The meter even includes a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service.
- Seat is larger with thicker padding for improved comfort.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch.
- A host of optional accessories allow you to tailor your TRX420 to your needs.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 420 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Fully automatic, five-speed, Dual-Clutch Transmission with selectable Electric Shift (ESP) and reverse
- Power Steering: Standard
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with 2WD/4WD shifter and torque-sensing front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 185 mm (7.3 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual arm with hydraulic shocks; 215 mm (8.5 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 24 x 8-12 Rear: 24 x 10-11
- Brakes: Front: dual 190 mm hydraulic discs Rear: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Length: 2,148 mm (84.6 in.)
- Width: 1,205 mm (47.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 233 mm (9.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 887 mm (34.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,294 mm (50.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 308 kg (678 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 L, including 4.9 L reserve
- Colour: Honda Phantom Camo™
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all
manufacturer incentives, but does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing,
tire levy and taxes or any applicable finance charges.