Engine & Drivetrain
- Efficient power: The Pioneer 500’s liquid-cooled engine is mounted longitudinally in the frame, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to front and rear drive units for improved power output at the wheels.
- Ample ground clearance: By using an overhead-valve layout and a semi-dry-sump lubrication system, engine height is significantly reduced, lowering centre of gravity while also improving ground clearance. Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration
- Advanced transmission: The addition of the automatic shifting function gives you the best of both worlds. Choose AT mode for fully automatic shifting, override the AT settings on the fly with paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel, or choose MT mode and operate the five-speed transmission manually with the paddles. It’s the best of all worlds.
- Tackle any terrain: Shiftable 2WD/4WD system provides the efficiency of two-wheel drive while retaining the ability to select 4WD quickly via a dash-mounted lever when conditions demand. Plus, the super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement contributes to excellent drivability and towing capacity.
- Crisp performance: Electronic fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and helps ensure trouble-free starting and operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes. A convenient electric starter allows in-gear starting when the brake is applied.
- Accessory power: Powerful 481 watt AC generator has generous output to run electronic accessories. Centrally mounted high-capacity airbox provides easy access for filter maintenance.
- Quiet operation: High-mounted snorkel draws cleaner, drier air and features four separate resonators to reduce intake noise. A stainless steel exhaust system provides superior corrosion resistance and minimizes noise levels. The muffler includes a certified spark arrester for when you’re riding in regulated or sensitive environments.
Chassis & Suspension
- Durable construction: A strong steel chassis is designed to help the Pioneer 500 remain stable in rough going, and its heavy duty construction will help it stand up to rough punishment on the job site or recreational trail.
- Trail ready: Because it’s physically smaller with a smaller wheelbase, narrower width and tighter turning circle than typical side-by-sides, the Pioneer 500 can go more places.
- Improved handling & comfort: The independent front and rear suspension systems, with new dual-rated springs for 2017, provide a comfortable, controlled ride over all types of terrain.
- Dynamic control: With 149 mm (5.9 in.) of travel on all wheels, plus 243 mm (9.6 in.) of ground clearance, the Pioneer 500 can negotiate difficult terrain with ease. And the suspension is tuned for a fun, sporty ride.
- Roomy seating: Roomy cab and bench seat are designed for a comfortable fit for two. Automotive-type 3-point Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) seat belts and stout Occupant Protection Structure help to keep driver and passenger secure. For added safety, a speed limiter prevents travel faster than 24 km/h if it detects that a seat belt isn’t being worn.
- Cargo capacity: Large, flat cargo area with ATV-style rack offers numerous tie-down points for maximum load versatility and can carry 203 kg (450 lbs.) of gear.
- Towing ability: Heavy-duty receiver-style hitch lets you tow up to 450 kg (1,000 lbs.).
- Bold look: Attractive, rugged bodywork gives the Pioneer 500 an aggressive, functional look. The easily removable hood and seat cushions also help simplify maintenance.
- Smart design: Waterproof accessory socket provides convenient 12-volt power whenever you need it.
- Safety first: High sill doors, integrated headrests, protective door nets, and seat belt release mechanisms all add to operator security.
- Easy entry: Clever rear-hinged door design allows the nets to remain attached when opening the doors, easing entry and exit.
- Built-in security: Doors feature a single-handed twist-action release mechanism, equally accessible from both inside and outside the Pioneer 500. Auto-style double latches allow the doors to latch securely when pulled shut.
- Bright illumination: Twin-headlight system features 37.5-watt headlights with a focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark. LED brake lights and taillights provide optimal illumination and conspicuity. The easy-read digital dash includes a large speedometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, maintenance minder, and warning lights for critical engine and drivetrain functions.
- Attention to detail: Twin cup holders make it easier to stay hydrated when stopping for a rest out on the trails or work site.
- Helpful accessories: A wide array of accessory items, including numerous ways to add storage and carrying ability, contribute to the Pioneer 500‘s versatility. Plus, trusted Honda durability, quality and reliability help improve retained value over the life of the machine.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 475 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Five-speed automatic transmission with AT/MT modes with paddle shifting and reverse.
- Power Steering: N/A
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 149 mm (5.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 150 mm (5.9 in.) travel
- Tires: 24 x 8 - 12 front 24 x 10 - 12 rear
- Brakes: Front dual 200 mm hydraulic discs; rear 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Towing Capacity: 454 kg (1,000 lb)
- Bed Capacity: 203 kg (450 lb)
- Length: 2605 mm (102.6 in)
- Width: 1,270 mm (50.0 in)
- Ground Clearance: 215 mm (8.5 in)
- Seat Height: 729 mm (28.7 in)
- Wheelbase: 1,855 mm (73.0 in)
- Curb Weight: 464 kg (1,023 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 15.4 liters, including 4.2-liter reserve
- Colour: Phantom Camo®
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all
manufacturer incentives, but does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing,
tire levy and taxes or any applicable finance charges.