Engine & Drivetrain Features
- More power and torque: The Cota 300RR’s liquid-cooled 4-valve Unicam engine delivers a noticeable boost in power and torque over the Cota 260RR – particularly in the midrange – thanks in part to an increase in the diameter (+2 mm) and stroke (+3 mm) of the piston that bumps displacement to 288 cc.
- Engine upgrades: Enhancements to the Cota 300RR’s engine for 2017 include a new piston with a flatter head for improved combustion at low rpm and reduced vibration, plus three piston rings instead of two for better throttle response, especially in the low to mid ranges.
- Improved response: A redesigned cylinder works in conjunction with the new piston to improve engine performance. ECU mapping has also been modified to further enhance response, particularly in the low to mid rpm ranges.
- Choose your drive mode: Traction different from one section to the next? No problem. The Cota’s dual-mode ECU lets you choose between two ignition maps – one for low grip conditions and a second for maximum power – with the flick of a handlebar-mounted switch. Additionally, the ECU isn’t sealed, so you can modify ignition and injection maps via a laptop.
- Reduced engine braking: A crankcase decompression system limits engine braking when closing the throttle for improved rider control, making the bike feel lighter and easier to handle. As well, the clutch system has been modified to handle the increased power and to better suit the demands of intense competition.
- Battery-less ignition: Battery-less digital ignition includes a bank-angle sensor to switch off the ignition when the motorcycle is lying horizontal.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Classic quality: The Cota 300RR features an aluminum chassis with a gorgeous finish, showcasing classic Montesa styling and impeccable manufacturing quality. Every component was painstakingly designed to be as compact and to fit as tightly as possible, resulting in a bike that’s incredibly svelte and smooth, with a minimum of jutting surfaces to inhibit your movement.
- Lightweight suspension: As part of the development emphasis on reducing weight, the Cota 300RR features an adjustable TECH fork with lightweight aluminum tubes. Revised settings for 2017 reduce bounce at the end of the stroke for improved stability. At the back, the adjustable Showa shock is calibrated to further improve stability, traction and control.
- Optimum riding position: Repositioned footpegs move the rider’s weight more toward the rear of the bike, making the Cota 300RR feel even lighter and responsive and improving rider confidence in the toughest sections.
- Premium tires: Michelin X11 tires offer the prefect combination of traction, light weight and response.
- Race-spec wheels: New DID aluminum rims and lightweight aluminum hubs laser-engraved with the RR logo help to keep unsprung weight low, and the 32-spoke rear wheel features an innovative system incorporating central-adjustment spokes for a significant weight reduction. The system also allows the Cota to use a tubeless rear tire.
- Monobloc brake caliper: Compact and lightweight front brake system uses a monobloc 4-piston caliper, 185 mm rotor and sintered metal pads. The rear brake features a 2-piston caliper, 150 mm hydraulic disc and sintered metal pads.
- A real racer: Developed jointly by Honda R&D and Montesa with the goal of increasing power while also reducing weight, the Cota 300RR is an authentic racing machine that builds on the success of the Cota 4RT260RR (Race Replica) and other championship-winning Montesa trials bikes.
- Light is right: A determined effort by the 300RR development team to reduce weight wherever possible has resulted in a bike that’s a full 2 kg lighter than the 4RT260.
- Improved protection: A shorter brake pedal for 2017 tucks in tightly and reduces the risk of damage.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 288 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 80.0 mm × 57.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.4:1
- Valve Train: SOHC, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Final Drive: Roller chain #520
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 39 mm TECH telescopic fork with aluminum tubes and spring preload, compression and rebound adjustment. 167 mm stroke.
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link system with SHOWA shock with spring preload and rebound adjustment. 170 mm stroke.
- Tires: 80/100 - 21 (Michelin) front; 120/100 - R18 (Michelin) rear
- Brakes: Front: 185 x 3.5 mm hydraulic disc with four-piston caliper and sintered metal pads Rear: 150 x 2.5 mm hydraulic disc with dual-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Ground Clearance: 335 mm (13.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 650 mm (25.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,321 mm (52 in.)
- Curb Weight: 73.6 kg (162 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 1.9 L
- Colour: Red
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all
manufacturer incentives, but does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing,
tire levy and taxes or any applicable finance charges.