Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Low-end torque & top-end performance: The DOHC liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine uses a square bore & stroke of 67 mm (the same bore size as used on the CBR600RRA) x 66.8 mm for an optimum combination of strong low-end torque and horsepower and excellent top-end performance.
- Compact engine, minimal vibration: Engine vibration is kept to a minimum by using crank pins phased at 180 degrees and a balancer shaft behind the cylinders, which also contributes to the engine’s compact size.
- Crisp throttle response: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection keeps the engine running efficiently in all conditions and ensures crisp throttle response.
- Runs smoothly at high output levels: Careful flow analysis of the cooling system resulted in a water pump that’s small and lightweight, yet still more than capable of keeping the engine running its best at high output levels.
- Maximized air-intake: In order to maximize air-intake and exhaust efficiency, the profile from the air cleaner through the intake ports to the exhaust pipe was made as straight as possible.
- Excellent efficiency: The four valves in each of the DOHC cylinder heads have narrow stems, thereby reducing weight and friction and increasing efficiency.
- Reduced friction: A light and compact roller-rocker-arm assembly and shim-type valve adjustment allows a lower valve-spring load for reduced friction and a compact cylinder head.
- Improved durability: The pins in the silent cam chain have been treated with vanadium, which both reduces friction and improves durability. The lightweight pistons use the same advanced manufacturing process as those found in the CBR600RRA. To ensure precise cylinder shape, the engine uses the same centrifugal-cast thin-wall sleeves as found in the CBR600RRA.
- Less friction, improved performance: The oil pump’s internal relief structure uses the same design as found in the CBR1000RR, which reduces friction, improves aeration performance and simplifies the shape of the oil pan.
- Smooth shifting: The design of the shifting mechanism in the six-speed gearbox results in smooth, precise shifting.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Responsive with desired feedback: The lightweight diamond-shaped steel frame was designed to allow a certain degree of yield, which enables it to better respond to changes in the road surface and to transmit just the right amount of feedback to the rider.
- Comfortable & sporty ride: The Pro-Link rear suspension with preload-adjustable shock and the conventional 41 mm telescopic fork are calibrated for a comfortable but sporty ride.
- Good rider balance at stops: The rear section of the frame was designed to facilitate a seat height of 810 mm, which allows most riders to easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- Adjustable fork: The front fork offers spring-preload adjustment so you can tailor the ride just the way you want it.
- Lightweight wheels: Lightweight cast aluminum wheels with Y-shaped spokes not only look trick, they also contribute to the bike’s excellent manoeuvrability.
- Reduced unsprung weight: Wave brake rotors with superlative heat-dissipating qualities are lighter than conventional discs of the same diameter, which help to further reduce the bike’s unsprung weight.
- ABS braking control: A dual-piston brake caliper up front and a single-piston caliper at the back provide strong but easily controlled stopping power. Plus, ABS gives you extra peace of mind on reduced-traction road surfaces.
- A perfect fit: Adjustable brake lever allows you to get the perfect fit for optimal comfort and control.
- Aggressive look: Sleek bodywork incorporates an LED headlight and taillight, and leaves more of the engine exposed for an aggressive, streetfighter look.
- Comfortable riding position: Ergonomics were carefully configured to ensure an unrestricted riding position that allows easy manoeuvring in town, an easy reach to the ground, as well as excellent comfort during long-distance highway trips.
- Larger fuel tank: The CB500X boasts a large fuel tank, which combined with the fuel-efficient engine, means excellent range for plenty of riding fun between fill-ups.
- Under-the-seat storage: A utility space under the seat accommodates a U-lock, wet weather gear or other items.
- Protection from above & below: The CB500X’s bodywork includes a lower section that helps to protect the exhaust pipes and engine from stones and other debris when riding on rough surfaces.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, parallel-twin
- Displacement: 471 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 41 mm telescopic fork; 125 mm (4.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with spring preload adjustment; 118 mm (4.6 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 120/70ZR–17 Rear: 160/60ZR–17
- Brakes: Front: 320 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper with ABS
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,420 mm (55.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 194 kg (432 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 17.5 L
- Colour: Candy Rosy Red w/ stripe, Mat gunpowder black metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
LIST PRICE ON NEW, if shown, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail
Price (MSRP) and limited to stock# listed. Sale Price includes all
manufacturer incentives, but does not include Freight, PDI, Vehicle Processing,
tire levy and taxes or any applicable finance charges.